Roses for Valentines – Find out the history of this special jewel:
Rosen Geschenk des Zaren
Roses for Valentines – Find out the history of this special jewel:
Rosen Geschenk des Zaren
Romanov Diamond Girandoles from the Duchess of Kent | Royal Imperial Jewels
Grossen Perlentropfen Romanoff | Kent Royal Jewels | Pearshaped Pearls of Grand Duchess Vladimir
Margeriten Blumenbroschen | Kent Royal Jewels | The Diamond Daisy Brooches
Smaragd-Brosche |Royal Jewel History| The Argyll -Emerald Brooch
Smaragd-Brosche Herzogin von Kent| Katherine Duchess of Kent |The Argyll -Emerald Brooch
Diamantsterne | Kent Royal Jewels | The Diamond Stars
Smaragd der Herzogin von Agryll | Princess Louise Duchess of Argyll
Kent Aquamarin Diadem | Schmuck | Jewels | Kent Tiara with Aquamarines
Russian Sapphire Diamond Brooch | Katherine Duchess of Kent | Saphir Herzogin Marina von Kent
Die Rubin Parure wurde noch von ihrem abgöttisch geliebten Ehemann Prinz Albert, ein Jahr vor seinem Tod entworfen und Königin Victoria von England zum Geschenk gemacht. Sie trug aber 10 Jahre nach seinem Tod keine Juwelen oder bunte Kleider. Erst bei der Hochzeit ihrer Tochter Louise liess sie sich dazu überreden und trug die Rubine.
Danach schenkte sie sie 1885 ihrer Tochter Prinzessin Beatrice von Battenberg zur Hochzeit. Und dann „beginnt“ das Geheimnis.
Ena, Königin Victoria Eugenie von Spanien– die Enkeltochter der Queen, wurde in den 1920igern mit den Rubinen abgebildet. 1937 war zwar Prinzessin Beatrice noch am Leben, aber nahm wegen ihres hohen Alters nicht an der Krönung von König Georg VI teil.
Dafür aber ihre Schwiegertochter Irene Marchioness of Carisbrooke, die wiederum die Rubine von Schwiegermutter Prinzessin Beatrice zur Hochzeit bekam.
Aber 1933 entfernte sie die Rubine. Seither wurde das Erdbeerblatt Diadem nicht mehr gesehen – und auch das Collier „verschwand“ um diese Zeit.
1990 tauchte das Armband bei einer Versteigerung von Christies in St. Moritz auf und jetzt die dazugehörende Brosche mit einem ovalen Burma Rubin als Mittelpunkt, ein schmaler Rahmen aus Diamanten und einer grösseren mit 10 grossen Altschliffdiamanten eingefasst. Detailierte Beschreibung des Rubinschmucks – aus Erdbeerblättern ist oben über die Verlinkungen zu erfahren.
When Lady Alice Christabel Montagu–Douglas–Scot, weds the son of the King & Queen of England and Great Britain, she got very priceless presents. An array of this wedding gifts to the royal bride, is in the old part of the Royal Magazin and seen when you follow the links, below.
Gowns from the trousseau which Lady Alice Scott has chosen for her marriage are described. A soft pastel dinner gown in pale amethyst velvet and dull tuquoise blue was seen. The ametyhsxt velvet is softly shirred at the neck and the long sleeves are bordered with wide bands of soft grey fox.
Some edition and more information about the Art Deco Sautoir:
diamond link sautoir with brilliant and baguette diamond pendant
from the Lord Mayor of London and the Court of Aldermen, the Bank of England and the City Banks of Lloyds and the Baltic)
and the matching Diamond Bracelet with triangle and baguette diamond motifs>>
The other magnificent royal gifts:
Nach dem Dekret des Kaisers war es der Preussen-Familie untersagt an der Trauung teilzunehmen, jedoch auf dem Weg zu den Flitterwochen in Norderney, machten die Brautleute einen Zwischenstopp und fuhren nach Schloss Oels in die die Nähe von Breslau, wo Wilhelm seine neue Frau den Eltern vorstellte.
Die Kronprinzessin brach das Eis, als Sie die Braut in den Arm nahm. Als eine Versöhnungsgeste übergab ihr Cecilie ein Hochzeitsgeschenk, grosse Aquamarine, die sie von Kaiser Wilhelm und Kaiserin Auguste Victoria zur Geburt, von Prinz Wilhelm 1906, geschenkt bekommen hatte.
Kronprinzessin Cecilie schenkte Ihrer Schwiegertochter unter anderem dieses Paar Aquamarin Diamant Ohrringe. Prinzessin Dorothea trug die Ohrringe oben auf einem Foto, aus den 1940ern, sowie eine grosse Clusterbrosche gut sichtbar.
In 1933, the marriage of Dorothea von Salviati (1907-1972), pictured above, and Prince Wilhelm of Prussia was not equal, according to Hohenzollern House Law. As a consequence of his morganatic marriage, Prince Wilhelm had to give up his primogeniture as the eldest grandson of Kaiser Wilhelm II. His place in the line of succession was taken by his brother Prince Louis Ferdinand (1907-1994). A decree of the Emperor prohibited the Prussian royal family from attending the wedding ceremony; consequently the groom’s parents were not present.
Despite the obstacles that had been placed in the young couple’s way, the bride wrote to Count Hans Juergen von Blumenthal, who was best man at their wedding, that „life is getting to be nicer every day.“
From Bonn, the scene of their marriage, the couple went for a honeymoon to Norderney. Stopping at the Mecklenburg estate of Count Blumenthal, they talked over possibilities and incidents that might occur when they arrived at Oels castle, near Breslau, where Wilhelm was to introduce his wife to his parents.
With some fear and trepidation, Dorothea afterwards confided, she unpacked her trunk in the room to which the young couple was ushered and wondered just how the first meeting would be, when in came the Crown Princess, who threw her arms about her, kissed her fondly, and told her to call her mother. That broke the ice.
As an outward sign of reconciliation, Cecile handed her as a belated wedding gift the costly jewels–huge aquamarines–given her by the former Kaiser Wilhelm II and the late Kaiserin Auguste Viktoria when she bore her first son, Wilhelm, now Dorothea’s husband.
The Crown Prince, entering a few moments later, also embraced his young daughter-in-law affectionately.
Princess Dorothea gave the earrings to her eldest daughter Princess Felicitas who was born 7 June 1932 in the Villa Salviati in Bonn.
Princess Dorothea wears the aquamarine and diamond drop earrings and a large cluster brooch in the picture on top.
And at the christening of Felicitas with her father-in-law, seen on the right, she wore a large cluster brooch, very similar to the Aquamarine clusters (worn as brooches, bracelet and choker) of Queen Luise of Prussia – but this is not solved. These jewels were the heritage of the famous Queen Luise, not part of the crown jewels, as well as part of the House Jewels, with which the King and Kaiser could do what he wanted.
As Crown Princess Cecile did not have pierced ears she wore the earrings with screw fittings, which explains the later modifications to the earrings as indicated in the auction catalogue.
A pair of aquamarine and diamond earrings, early 20th century; each open work pendant set with a mixed-cut aquamarine, within a frame of rose diamonds, later hinged post fittings, six rose diamonds deficient.
The German Crown Princess Cecile, Duchess zu Mecklenburg-Schwerin (1886-1954), Princess Dorothea of Prussia (1907-1972), her daughter-in-law and thence by descent. Sold at auction in 2015 for £8,125.
Quellen: Preussen.de;Morgenpost 1933; The TIMES;Washington Post;Sotheby’s;
Die russische Diamantbrosche mit ca 4,50-5,50ct Diamanten und Diamantrosen besetzt, war ein Geschenk von Grossfürstin Marie von Russland (1840-1920) an Ihre Nichte, der deutschen Kronprinzessin Cecilie, geb. Herzogin von Mecklenburg-Schwerin (1886-1954).
Die Diamantbrosche ist aus zwei grossen ovalen Diamantschlaufen. Der Anlass für dieses Geschenk ist nicht mehr überliefert, Marie, Grossfürstin Vladimir ebenfalls eine geborene Herzogin von Mecklenburg-Schwerin, war eine grosse Schmuckliebhaberin und hatte eine enorme Schmuckkollection.
Die Brosche ist in Russland aus Gold und Silber gefertigt und hat eine typische Verarbeitung und den Stil, der die Schmuckstücke so unvergleichlich prächtig macht.
Eine Seite der Fassungen ist offen und abgeflacht zum Rand, der gegenüberliegende Rand, ist eine scharfe Linie aus Edelmetall die den Schmuck rahmt.
Ein Halsband mit solchen Diamant-Schlaufen ist bekannt, dies gehörte Grossfürstin Elisabeth von Russland.
Kronprinzessin Cecilies Bild links, stammt aus dem Jahr 1950.
Sie hat die Diamant-Brosche Ihrer Schwiegertochter, Dorothea von Salviati (1907-1972) hinterlassen, die mit ihrem ältesten Sohn Prinz Wilhelm von Preussen verheiratet war.
Die Tochter von Prinz Wilhelm und Prinzessin Dorothea, Prinzessin Felicitas von Preussen, spätere Frau von Nostitz-Wallwitz, trug die Brosche zuletzt im Jahr 2004 in Potsdam, wie oben im Bild zu sehen.
Im Jahr 2015 wurde die Diamantbrosche für 6,875 GBP versteigert.
The Russian diamond brooch, with diamonds and rose-cut diamonds approx 4.50-5.50ct, was a gift from Grand Duchess Marie of Russia (1840-1920) to her niece, the German Crown Princess Cecilie, born Duchess of Mecklenburg-Schwerin (1886-1954).
The diamond pin is made of two large oval diamond loops. The occasion for this gift is no longer known. Marie, Grand Duchess Vladimir, also born Duchess of Mecklenburg-Schwerin, was a great lover of jewellery and had a tremendous jewellery collection.
The brooch of late nineteenth-century Russian design was made in Russia of gold and
silver and has the typical manufacture and the style that makes Imperial Russian jewels so incomparably magnificent. One side of the brooch is open and flattened to the edge, the opposite edge is a sharp line that frames the jewellery made of precious metals.
A necklace with such diamond loops is known, which was owned by Grand Duchess Elizabeth of Russia.
Crown Princess Cecilie’s picture on the left on top, dates back to the 1950s.
She left the diamond brooch to her daughter-in-law, Dorothea von Salviati (1907-1972), who was married to her eldest son, Prince William of Prussia.
In 2004, Princess Felicitas von Preussen, the daughter of Prince William and Princess Dorothea and the wife of Jorg Hartwig von Nostitz-Wallwitz, wore the brooch publicly in Potsdam 2004 as seen in the picture above.
In 2015, the diamond brooch was sold at auction for £6,875.
Formed of seven brilliant-set panels, each with an amatory trophy of bow, quiver and torch in a laurel-wreath oval suspended from a ribbon-tie, framed by foliate brilliant-set bands.
This delicately constructed collar, in the Louis XVI style, was made in March
1901 for Queen Mary when Duchess of Cornwall and York, at the beginning of the reign of King Edward VII. It was probably made by R. & S. Garrard & Co., with diamonds in Gold 6 × 34 cm
The diamonds were taken from a scroll and ribbon-pattern collar*, which itself had been made with stones taken from seven 12-pointed stars and a pair of diamond star earrings, given by Queen Mary’s grandmother, the Duchess of Cambridge, in 1885. These gifts, in 1885, were presumably to mark the Princess’s 18th birthday.
Diamonds were also removed from a floral diamond spray given by her aunt, Augusta, Grand Duchess of Mecklenburg-Strelitz, in the same year 1885.
For her marriage in 1893 to the Duke of York,the future George V, the Princess received a very considerable quantity of jewellery; the majority was of diamonds and pearls.
Generous gifts from her family and from the extended royal family vied with spectacular offerings from all round the United Kingdom and across the Empire. Among the more significant jewels, exhibited at the Imperial Institute, were three tiaras, twenty-six bracelets, forty-four brooches and fifteen necklaces**.
Diamond fringe Tiara/necklace given by Queen Victoria
Diamond fringe Tiara/necklace given by the County of Surrey
Diamond Tiara from the Earl and Countess of Iveagh
Diadem of roman workmanship laurel wreath diadem – from the King and Queen of Italy
Diamond and pearl tiara – the Girls of Great Britain and Ireland – later given to her granddaughter Elizabeth II
Diamond Riviere Necklace from the Prince and Princess of Wales
Diamond necklace from the Duke of Westminster see above in the picture as small tiara, with small leaves setted with diamonds and 4 large diamonds with surroundings.
Important Diamond choker giver not known
Kapurthala stomacher with diamond
Warwick sun brooch made of diamonds Diamond sun brooch from Earl and Countess of Warwick, Lord and Lacy Brooke, Captain Alwyne and Mrs Greville. Lady Eva and the Hon Greville;
Spray of rose-leaves in diamonds – from a few women of the stage
Scent-bottle and true-lovers knot in diamonds sent by Miss Alice de Rothschild – later given to the Duchess of York
Diamond set bow brooch – the County of Dorset „Dorset Bow Brooch“
Town of Swansea crescent Diamond Brooch made by Garrard (Diamonds used in Queen Mary’s New Stomacher)
May’s monogram set in diamonds – Mme Weddington
Bow brooch in form of two hearts from Pearls from her future husband
Diamond rose brooch – West Yorkshire Regiment
Rose diamond brooch mounted on a bracelet later given to Queen Elizabeth II
An other round diamond brooch with the diamond necklace
Pair of gold and diamond bangles from the Bombay Presidency, later given to her granddaughter Elisabeth II as wedding gift in 1947
Diamond bracelet from the Fishmongers‘ Company
Gold bracelet with diamond centre Mr. & Mrs Arthur Kennard
Ornament set in diamonds which belonged to Princess Elizabeth Landgravine of Hesse-Homburg
Diamond ornament from Count Korlebrodyki
Ornament given by Sir Horace Farquahar
Diamond and brilliant pendant with enamel – Worshipful Company of Carpenters
Diamond watch from Alice de Rothschild
„Town of Windsor Ring“ Diamond ring from the Mayor and People of Windsor three-stone ring brilliants (passing to The Queen in 2002)
Pearl and diamond comb – Sir G. and Lady Lucas
Diamond necklace/tiara with pearls and matching pearls studs – Ladies of England
Pearl and diamond choker
Five row pearl necklace given by her husband the Duke of York
Magnificent necklace of three rows of pearls with diamond clasp was presented by 23 counties – it was valued at £6000 Sterling
Pearl necklace – County of Kent
Pearl necklace with diamond clasp – presented by a thousand of her Majesty’s subjects
Pearl necklace with diamond clasp from the Ladies of Glasgow consisting of 51 pearls, graduated from the centre, with the largest being about the size of an ordinary pea. The length of the necklace is 14 inches. The clasp consists of eleven diamonds set in gold. The pearls were valued at £930 and the total cost was close to £1000 (The Scotsman, 30 June 1893) Messrs R. & W.Sorley
Pearl and diamond bracelet from the King and Queen of Württemberg
Diamond and pearl brooch/pendant – the Ladies of Surrey Needlework Guild brooch
Women of Hampshire Brooch Brooch/pendant of diamonds and pearls valued at £775 from the women of Hampshire
Diamond set bow brooch with large pendant pearls – Inhabitants of Kensington „Kensington Bow Brooch“
Pearl and diamond brooch from the Duke and Duchess of Portland two entwined snakes with wings and pearl
Pearl and diamond bow brooch from her husband
Diamond and large Baroque-pearl brooch from Queen Alexandra
Diamond jeweled pendant with a pearshaped large pearl – people of Richmond
Brooch stutted with large black pearls from Lord and Lady Rothschild
Magnificent diamond and pearl bracelet from the Indian Princess
Pearl and diamond bracelet from Lord and Lady Burton
Pearl and diamond ring, designed by Collingwood, presented by Princes Adolphus, Francis and Alexander of Teck to their sister
A turquoise and diamond Tiara from her parents
A turquoise and diamond necklace
Turquoise and diamond earrings
Three turquoise and diamond brooches
Cluster brooch of diamonds with turquoise centre given by the Prince and Princess of Wales
Turquoise diamond bracelet from the Marquis and Marchioness of Salisbury
Turquoise and diamond cluster pin by the Marquis of Londenderry
Ruby and diamonds bracelet incorporating a detachable centrepiece in the shape of a rose from the County of Cornwall
Gold chain bracelet set with rubies and diamonds
Gold bangle with a heart of rubies
Diamond and ruby sleeve-links
Diamond and ruby brooch given by Mr Chaplin
Ruby and diamond feather brooch from the Ex-Queen of Spain
Watch bracelet in diamonds and rubies – Mr Gillett see on right>>
A belle époque diamond and ruby ring from her father in law ( passed to Princess Margaret and sold at auction)
Ruby, sapphire and diamond bangle bracelet from George, Duke of York
Sapphire and diamond bracelets from the Emperor and Empress of Russia
Sapphire and diamond bracelet
Large diamond and sapphires anchor brooch from her husband worn on the day of her wedding
Gold four-leaf shamrock pin, emeralds and diamonds by Sir Frederick and Lady Milner
Emerald and diamond brooch from the Tsarvitch
Emerald and sapphires ring from her three brothers. (Sold during the auction of Princess Margraret)
Cross of the 17th century, a trinket very much in fashion in olden timeswith our fair Norman kinswomen and in a case adorned with the two Sons of William the Conqueror. It has been sent from Neufchatel-en-Bray, an old town founded by Henry I of England and has been presented by Captain Le Clerc, of the French Embassy, in whose family it has been for many years
Amethyst and topaz bracelet – Lord & Lady Burton
Lace parasol with carved pin coral handle – from the Italian ambassador and Lady Tornielli
Little gold watch and chain inclosed in a small glass case formerly in the possession of the Empress Josephine from Dr Chittenden.
Four valuable pins – Mr A.J. Balfour
Diamond brooch with crystal centre – Earl and Countess of Leven
Small birthday book bound in gold and tortoiseshell, containing a miniature in ivory of the royal family and bearing a coronet and short inscription in diamonds and enamel – from the Baron and Baroness Lowenstein.
Bird in gold and enamel box – Sir Henry and Lady Meysey-Thomson
Bracelet of diamond and pierres from the People of Richmond
Diamond-set scarab and four stylised fleurs-de-lys Silver-gilt, straight-sided, quatrefoil-shaped box, with hinged lid, mounted with a red glass; from the members of the British Embassy in Berlin.
Gold Opera Glass from Tiffany with diamonds and pearls
**Source:Queens Diamonds,Hugh Roberts; thanks to Laura!