From Imperial and Royal Jewels…This royal tiara of emeralds and diamonds is a masterpiece of the jewelery of the Bourbon Restoration.
The diadem of Marie Therese Duchess of Angouleme, was unlike the jewelery set, which was the property of the Duchess of Angouleme, inscribed in the inventory of the Crown Diamonds.
The jewellers Bapst, used four large emeralds bought by Louis XVIII and diamonds from the Crown collections. Under the Second Empire, the tiara was worn by Empress Eugenie, who particularly appreciated emeralds.
Then it was offered with the other crown jewels in 1887, as lot Nr 27 for 50 000 frs, when the jeweler Messrs. A. Bachruch bought it for 45 900 frs, on behalf of the wealth Austrian-Hungarian magnate Count Mano Andrassy more than 67 years it was in the treasure of the Andrassy…
Now it’s solved, because, nothing was known about it in the time between 1887 and 1954 – as well as till 1958! check for details and the interesting treasure >>