Princess Gloria, née Countess von Schönburg-Glauchau, has a very high-quality and unusual collection, despite the sale of part of the jewelry and jewels of the Princely House of Thurn und Taxis collected over the years, from which we can see a few remarkable pieces.
The high diadem in the empire style. Like the front side of a grenadier cap, set with diamonds has a large oval sapphire as the center, a large cushion-shaped sapphire is also attached above as a tip, both are carmized with diamonds and changeable. A frame made of diamonds.
Openwork, filigree scroll work of diamonds forms a high structure, acanthus leaves were worked into diamond-set borders and set accents. Another four sapphires are housed as highlights in the central motif, an exceptional jewel in the royal house’s treasury.
Like the complete diamond Parure, the tiara was revised in the 19th century by the renowned company Kreuter, Hanau specialist in white jewels, or supplemented with diamonds and precious stones from home jewelry.
The princess wears a necklace made of small flowers alternately set in diamonds and sapphires, the same size and workmanship, which can be lengthened or shortened as a choker close to the neck. The ear-studs in the lower part match the necklace, a sapphire framed with diamonds.
Archduchess Margarethe Klementine Maria of Austria 1870-1955, was a member of the Hungarian line of the House of Habsburg and an Archduchess of Austria by birth.
She married Albert, 8th Prince of Thurn and Taxis in 1890, the Prince ordered for her the sapphire and diamond parure by Kreuter, Hanau from older jewels and jewelry to rebuild a new versatile Parure, see above. In 1894, she was first time pictured with the tiara and the necklace.