Duchess of Albany Wedding | Heirloom Jewels Fürstin Helene zu Waldeck-Pyrmont, Prinzessin von Nassau || Duchess Helena of Waldeck – Pyrmont, Princess of Nassau
Als die Tochter von Fürstin Helene von Waldeck-Pyrmont Hochzeit feierte, trug die Brautmutter den bedeutenden Hausschmuck – der Fürstenfamilie, der bis ins Jahr 2003 von den Fürstinnen und Prinzessinnen getragen wurde.
Auf dem Gemälde der kirchlichen Trauung ist sie links von der Braut zu sehen, neben Ihrer 2. Tochter – Königin Emma der Niederlande.
Anlässlich der verschiedenen Feierlichkeiten, legte die neue Herzogin von Albany, auch anderen kostbaren Schmuck an, wie auch die Schmuck-Geschenke Ihrer Familie und liess sich damit abbilden. Die folgenden Links zeigen eine Vielzahl der Präsente:
History of the enormous jewel collection of Queen Mary
DIAMOND TROPHY OF LOVE COLLAR
Formed of seven brilliant-set panels, each with an amatory trophy of bow, quiver and torch in a laurel-wreath oval suspended from a ribbon-tie, framed by foliate brilliant-set bands.
This delicately constructed collar, in the Louis XVI style, was made in March
1901 for Queen Mary when Duchess of Cornwall and York, at the beginning of the reign of King Edward VII. It was probably made by R. & S. Garrard & Co., with diamonds in Gold 6 × 34 cm
The diamonds were taken from a scroll and ribbon-pattern collar*, which itself had been made with stones taken from seven 12-pointed stars and a pair of diamond star earrings, given by Queen Mary’s grandmother, the Duchess of Cambridge, in 1885. These gifts, in 1885, were presumably to mark the Princess’s 18th birthday.
Diamonds were also removed from a floral diamond spray given by her aunt, Augusta, Grand Duchess of Mecklenburg-Strelitz, in the same year 1885.
Queen Mary, like her mother-in-law Queen Alexandra, favoured deep collar necklaces for most of her life, due to her long slim neck and the high fashion of the time. The style was not adopted either by Queen Elizabeth The Queen Mother, to whom the necklace was given when Duchess of York, or by The Queen, who inherited it in 2002, who has worn it only once. * No reference has been found to the creation of this necklace in the Garrard ledgers; the firm supplied four diamonds and repaired it early in 1902 (Garrard RL51, fol. 266, 30 January 1902, £1 15s). Equally, there is no reference to this necklace in the Cartier archive (an attribution suggested in Munn 2001, p. 133).**
For her marriage in 1893 to the Duke of York, the future George V, the Princess received a very considerable quantity of jewellery; the majority was of diamonds and pearls.
Generous gifts from her family and from the extended royal family vied with spectacular offerings from all round the United Kingdom and across the Empire.
Among the more significant jewels, exhibited at the Imperial Institute, were three tiaras, twenty-six bracelets, forty-four brooches and fifteen necklaces**.
A pearl necklace with diamond clasp from the Ladies of Glasgow consists of 51 pearls, graduated from the centre, with the largest being about the size of an ordinary pea. The length of the necklace is 14 inches. The clasp consists of eleven diamonds set in gold. The pearls were valued at 930 pounds and the total cost was close to 1000 pounds (The Scotsman, 30 June 1893) Messrs R.+W.Sorley
A pearl necklace of fifty five fine pearls with lozenge-shape diamonds – diamond clasp – presented by a thousand of her Majesty’s subjects
An emerald and diamond bracelet from the Members of the Surrey Needlework Guild (Seen) (Beth)
An emerald watch from Lord and Lady Hillingdou
Cross of the 17th century, a trinket very much in fashion in olden times with our fair Norman kinswomen and in a case adorned with the two Sons of William the Conqueror. It has been sent from Neufchatel-en-Bray, an old town founded by Henry I of England and has been presented by Captain Le Clerc, of the French Embassy, in whose family it has been for many years
A peridot, ruby and diamond peacock feather brooch with a small bow from the Ex-Queen Isabella of Spain (Beth)
Two entwined snakes with wings as brooch diamonds and rubies from Mr. Henry Chaplin
A gold curb-chain bracelet, with jubilee Institute Medal from Sir Somers Vine and the Staff of the Imperial Institue
A little gold watch and chain inclosed in a small glass case formerly in the possession of the Empress Josephine from Dr Chittenden.
A small birthday book bound in gold and tortoiseshell, containing a miniature in ivory of the royal family and bearing a coronet and short inscription in diamonds and enamel – from the Baron and Baroness Lowenstein.
A bird in gold and enamel box – Sir Henry and Lady Meysey-Thomson
A lace parasol with carved pin coral handle – from the Italian ambassador and Lady Tornielli
Thank you to Franck – for this list of Royal Jewel wedding presents.
Prinzessin Beatrice von Battenberg erhielt von Ihrer Mutter der Königin von England ein Fringe „Fransen“ Diadem aus Diamanten, das für Königin Victoria ihm Jahr 1866 gefertigt wurde. Es war eine der wenigen Diademe, die Königin Victoria bis ins späte Alter trug, weil es leicht gearbeitet war und im Gegensatz zu den grossen Diademen ihr keine Kopfschmerzen bereitete. Zusammen mit grossen Diamant Ohrringen, einem Diamant Halsband, mehreren kleineren Broschen und Diamant Ährenbroschen ist sie auf einem offiziellen Bild zum Kronjubiläum dargestellt.
1894 Royal Wedding at Chester at the private chapel of the Duke of Westminster, the bride:
Margaret Evelyn Cambridge, Marchioness of Cambridge 1873 – 1929
was the sixth child and third daughter of the 1st Duke of Westminster and the wife of the 1st Marquess of Cambridge.
She was known before her marriage as The Lady Margaret Grosvenor, and after it she was also known as Princess Adolphus of Teck and later The Duchess of Teck.
The ball at Eaton having been abondoned in consequence of the mourning in Court circles. Owing to the death of the Czar, the Prince and Princess of Wales and the Duke and Duchess of Fife are not be present at the wedding.
Wedding gift to George V and Queen Mary, when Duke and Duchess of York, from Sir Augustus and Lady Harris, 6 July 1893
A pair of engine-turned gold opera glasses, scattered with diamonds and ringed with pearls at both the looking and viewing ends of each glass, the central hinge with a diamond-set octagonal twister and pearl finial.
Tiffany & Co. were well known for their production of luxury items but opera glasses of gold were rare – usually the surfaces were mother of pearl or enamel, in imitation of eighteenth-century pieces. Here the firm have used engine-turning to create a decorative surface to the gold, which has been adorned with rose-cut diamonds.
It will be on display at the exhibition of „Gold“ . Glittering gold accessories spanning six generations of Queens and Consorts go on display in Scotland for the first time, at The Queen’s Gallery, Palace of Holyroodhouse, 27 March –
26 July 2015
New details and information about the Wedding Presents & Marriage Gifts of Princess Beatrice of Great Britain and Ireland are added to the Royal Magazin websites.
And we have changed the picture of the royal bride with her jewels and stars with diamonds, the presents of her mother the Queen Victoria. Princess Beatrice of Great Britain and Ireland | Royal Wedding Jewels
The Diamond Jubilee Sapphire and Diamond Brooch | Jewels of Queen Victoria
Four of Princess Alice’s surviving children and their spouses gave their grandmother a magnificent diamond and sapphire brooch. The Emperor and Empress of Russia, the Grand Duke and Duchess of Hesse, the Grand Duchess Elizabeth Feodorovna “Ella” and the Grand Duke Serge along with Princess Victoria and Prince Louis of Battenberg’s gift was